COUNTY OF SEVIER
CITY OF RICHFIELD
At the Planning Commission
In and For Said City
November 4, 2015
Minutes of the Richfield City Planning Commission meeting held on Wednesday, November 4, 2015, at 6:00 p.m., Chairman Brion Terry, presiding.
1. Roll Call.
2. Minute Approval. Consider approving minutes of November 4, 2015.
3. Conditional Use Permit. Consider approving an application for a C-1
Use Permit allowing Phillip Brown to conduct a business called Lazy 8
Enterprises to be located at 427 West Valley View Drive (R1-10 zone).
4. Business Review. Discuss and consider allowing Victor Guitierrez to
operate a business to be located at 600 South 200 West (RM-11
5. Other Business:
A. Discuss General Plan and Master Transportation Plan.
B. Other items.
1. Roll Call. Roll call was answered by Brion Terry, David Mower, Jeff Albrecht, Greg Bean, Pat Hansen, and Monte Turner. Steve Kunzler was excused.
City Staff Present: Zoning Administrator Gaylen Matheson and Deputy City Recorder Michelle Curtis.
Also Present: Victor Guiterriz
2. Minutes Approval: The minutes of October 7, 2015, were reviewed. It was pointed out that page 2, item 2 has two motions. Jeff Albrecht motioned to approve the minutes of October 7, 2015, as amended. Monte Turner seconded the motion. The motion carried.
3. Conditional Use Permit . Consider a Conditional Use Permit for Lazy 8 Enterprises to be located at 427 West Valley View Drive. Phillip Brown was not present. The matter was tabled.
4. Business Review. Victor Guiterrez is requsting permission to operate a business at 600 South 200 West (RM-11 zone). Mr. Guiterrez said he really isn’t operating a business. This property is a vacant lot that is owned by his girlfriend. He happened to come across a small shed and refurbished it with some barn wood that he had. He then had a friend who saw what he had done, and she offered to sell him her shed. He bought it and refurbished it as well. Both sheds are for sale and are sitting on this vacant lot.
The sheds are not permanent. They don’t have power or water. He likes to work at this property. He fixes the sheds and then plans to move them off. One is 10’x12’. He has insulated the building and wired it for electricity. He has finished the interior in such a way that it could be a small camper with a queen-size bed. The other one is 14’x12’ and has a loft capability and is a little larger. He had to have a permit from UDOT in order to move it.
Mr. Guiterrez only fixes the interior. He could customize the outside to match someone’s home or roof. He stores his tools in a little outhouse that sits on that property. He is trying to keep the property as clean as possible.
Mr. Guiterrez was asked about his intentions going forward? He said he has these two buildings and intends to sell them. If these go well, he would like to do some more, but doesn’t want to get in trouble with the City. He is not junking up the property, but working on it nicely and respectfully. He wants to keep the property looking nice.
Mr. Guiterrez was advised that from a City standpoint, that violates several items in the Zoning Code. If the City were to allow him to continue to do this type of business, it sets a precedent and makes it difficult later on.
Mr. Guiterrez said he didn’t realize when he put those buildings there that he needed to come to the City for approval. He doesn’t want to violate the City Ordinances. He would like to be able to sell these buildings and then be done. However, if the City can allow it, then he would love to keep doing this.
The Commission is agreeable to allowing him a reasonable time period within which to sell and move the sheds off of the property.
This will be put on the Agenda for review in April in the hopes that they will have been sold and moved by that time.
5. Other Business:
A. Discuss General Plan and Master Transportation Plan. Tabled.
B. Other items. The Planning Commission would like to have a joint meeting with the City Council and a representative from the Ombudsman’s Office for a question and answer session.
6 Adjournment. Adjourned at 7:25 p.m.
PASSED AND APPROVED on the 6th day of January, 2016.
/s/ Michelle Curtis
Deputy City Recorder
Minutes – 11.04.2015
Published: February 29, 2016
COUNTY OF SEVIER