COUNTY OF SEVIER
At the Planning Commission
In and For Said City
September 3, 2014
Minutes of the Richfield City Planning Commission meeting held on Wednesday, September 3, 2014, at 6:00 p.m., Chairman Brion Terry, presiding.
1. Roll Call.
2. Minute Approval.
3. Public Hearing: Receive comments concerning a proposed update to the
General Plan as it pertains to the Moderate Income Housing Element.
4. General Plan: Review and consider recommendation to the City Council
concerning a proposed Moderate Income Housing Element.
5. Other Business.
1. Roll Call. Roll call was answered by Steve Kunzler, Pat Hansen, Brion Terry, Greg Bean, and Jeff Albrecht. David Mower and Monte Turner were excused.
City Staff Present: Zoning Administrator Gaylen Matheson and Deputy City Recorder Michelle Curtis.
2. Minutes Approval. The minutes of August 6, 2014, were not reviewed.
3. Public Hearing. (6:16:26 p.m.) A public hearing was opened to receive comments concerning a proposed update to the General Plan as it pertains to the Moderate Income Housing Element. There were no comments. The public hearing was closed at 16:16:39 p.m.
4. General Plan. A proposed Moderate Income Housing Element of the General Plan was discussed and reviewed. The proposed plan was prepared by Fred Free who is affiliated with a developer wanting to construct a moderate income apartment building. Mr. Free and his associates have prepared this at no cost to the City and understand that the Commission and Council are under no obligation to adopt this plan. The current moderate income housing portion of the General Plan was adopted in September of 2003.
Planning Commission members discussed the proposal. The proposed update is very similar as to what is in the current General Plan but includes updated data. The Commission would like to see the City hire a consultant to update the General Plan in its entirety. The Commission does not feel comfortable recommending adoption of a plan that has been drafted by a developer.
Steve Kunzler motioned that a recommendation be given that the City Council does not approve the proposed update to the Moderate Income Housing Element portion of the General Plan. The Commission does not feel comfortable recommending adoption of the proposal without a consultant. The Commission would prefer to see this portion updated with the General Plan in its entirety by hiring a consultant. Jeff Albrecht seconded motion. The motion carried unanimously.
5. Other Business. There was no other business.
6. Adjournment. The meeting adjourned at 7:10 p.m.
PASSED AND REVIEWED on the 1st day of October, 2014.
/s/ Michelle Curtis
Deputy City Recorder