COUNTY OF SEVIER
CITY OF RICHFIELD
At the Planning Commission
In and For Said City
February 3, 2016
Minutes of the Richfield City Planning Commission meeting held on Wednesday, February 3, 2016, at 6:00 p.m., Chairman Brion Terry, presiding.
1. Roll Call.
2. Minute Approval. Consider approving minutes of January 6, 2016.
3. Review Subdivision Concept and Preliminary. Review and
consider recommending approval of preliminary plans for the Thalman
Estates Subdivision to be located on the east side of 750 East at
approximately 850 North.
4. Other Business:
A. Appoint Chairman and Co-Chairman for 2016.
B. Discuss General Plan and Master Transportation Plan.
C. Other items.
1. Roll Call. Roll call was answered by Brion Terry, David Mower, Jeff Albrecht, Greg Bean, Steve Kunzler, and Lisa White. Monte Turner was excused. Lisa White was welcomed as a member of the Planning Commission. She will replace Pat Hansen.
City Staff Present: Zoning Administrator Gaylen Matheson and Deputy City Recorder Michelle Curtis.
Also Present: No others present.
2. Minutes Approval: The minutes of February 3, 2016, were reviewed. Jeff Albrecht motioned to approve the minutes of February 3, 2016. Greg Bean seconded the motion. The motion carried.
3. Review Preliminary Subdivision Plan. Preliminary subdivision plans were reviewed for the Thalman/Oldroyd Subdivision. Tom Bogh represented the Thalmans at last month’s meeting. At that time, it was undecided as to which route the sewer would take in order to hook onto the sewer trunk line which is some distance east of this property. The preferred route would have been along the east side of the Stan Ivie property. Mr. Ivie contacted the City Attorney and told him that he would not grant an easement for the sewer to go along the east side of his property. However, he would be agreeable with the sewer line going down a private line which is on the west side of his property. This option was the second preference for sewer line placement.
It is now proposed that the sewer line will go south from Thalman Estates Subdivision. It will go between the Benson and Christensen property, and then continue to the south along the east border of property owned by Chet Thompson. This is a private lane between Chet Thompson and Stan Ivie. There is a residential well located between the Benson and Christensen properties. The developer needs to make sure that the well owners are aware of the sewer line going through near their well.
Gaylen Matheson’s notes were reviewed. The following items need to be addressed:
1. Public works requires a maximum of 350 feet between manholes of the
sewer system. The current plan shows 370 to 396 between some
2. The fire hydrant half-way down the subdivision street can work if there
is another at the intersection. In lieu of the hydrant shown near the
Thalman house, the project engineer recommended moving it up to the
3. The hammerhead turn-around is now noted on the master utility plan
and is shown in the details but is not shown on the master utility plan.
The hammerhead needs to be illustrated on the master subdivision plan.
4. The updated plans now show a 125 foot dedication along 750 East as
required; however, the details for the street cross sections still show
the old detail S-107 with a planter strip. The new detail S-107 for 60-foot
wide streets requires 6-foot sidewalks with no planter strips.
5. The onsite and offsite drainage details show notes but still need cross
section details before the engineer review.
The Planning Commission adds the following items to be addressed:
6. Developer to provide an overall vicinity site concept plan showing
future planned roads and existing sewer lines.
7. Developer to make sure that the property owners realize that
the sewer line will be going over their water lines from their well.
8. The developer will need to show that they have acquired necessary
rights-of-way along all of the private properties for the sewer showing
the City has a perpetual utility access.
Jeff Albrecht recommends that the City Council approve the Thalman Estates Subdivision with the condition that the developer meets the eight items as set out above. David Mower seconded the motion. The motion carried unanimously.
4. Other Business:
A. Appoint Chairman and Vice-Chairman for 2016. Brion Terry was appointed as chairman. Monte Turner was appointed as the Vice Chairman.
B. Discuss General Plan and Master Transportation Plan. Greg Bean said he will commit to going through the General Plan so that the Commission can review and discuss it during the next few months.
C. Other items.
5. Adjournment. Adjourned at 7:30 p.m.
PASSED AND APPROVED on the 2nd day of March, 2016.
/s/ Michelle Curtis
Deputy City Recorder