Part Time Seasonal/Temporary Position
This position works under the general direction and supervision of the Recreation Director, Recreation Coordinator and/or Assistant Recreation Coordinator and is responsible for on-site supervision for city-sponsored recreation activities and/or programs for youth and adults. These programs include but are not limited to basketball, volleyball, soccer, softball, football, flag football, camps, art, etc. Position acts as the on-site representative for Richfield City Corporation and the Parks & Recreation Department. Must be wiling to deal with confrontational situations with a calm demeanor. Assists in the recruitment, training, and evaluation of officials and scorekeepers.
Minimum Requirements: Must be 18 years or older.Graduation from high school or GED recipient and six (6) months of related experience. Background in sports officiating and coaching is a plus. CPR and First Aid training must be obtained within 30 days of hire.
- A thorough knowledge of youth and adult sports programs including rules and regulations.
- Ability to deal with the public in a pleasant, courteous, and calm manner in all circumstance.
- Ability to communicate with others and explain the philosophy, policies, rules and regulations of the Parks & Recreation Department.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with employees, administration, media representatives, other agencies and the public.
- Complete accurate records and statements.
- Ability to assess situations and use sound judgement to maintain control over participants, coaches, parents, spectators, employees, and volunteers.
Schedule: This position will require evening and some Saturday work. Flexible hours based on department need.
Salary: This position will receive an hourly wage (from $11-$14/hr.) based upon experience.
Screening: Based on meeting the minimum requirements and job-related experience, skills, knowledge, and education. Selection for this position may be based largely upon an oral interview.
Physical/Environmental Factors: This work requires some lifting of heavy objects and boxes; outdoor recreation work with some exposure to adverse weather conditions. May include exposure to high-stress situations or environments, including contact with the public in confrontational or uncomfortable circumstances.
To Apply: All applications must be filed with Richfield Parks & Recreation at 75 East Center Richfield, UT 84701 or faxed to Richfield City at (435) 896-6512 before 5:00 p.m. on the closing date. Please call (435) 896-5546 for more information about the position.
Closing Date: November 15, 2021 or until filled