COUNTY OF SEVIER
CITY OF RICHFIELD
At the Planning Commission
In and For Said City
June 6, 2012
1. Roll Call.
2. Approval of Minutes.
3. Public Hearing
A. Subdivision Application (lot split) filed by Carla Ogden regarding
property located at 390 West 500 South. (R1-10 zone)
4. Subdivision (Lot Split)
A. Recommendation concerning subdivision application (lot split)
filed by Carla Ogden regarding property located at 390 West
5. Other Business.
1. Roll Call. Roll call was answered by Blake Zobell, Stan Chappell, Pat Hansen, Brion Terry, Steve Kunzler, and Monte Turner. Eugene Beck was excused.
City Staff Present: Building Administrator Paul Hinrichs and Deputy City Recorder Michelle Curtis. Ryan Savage was also present.
2. Minutes Approval. The minutes of April 4, 2012, and April 18, 2012, were reviewed. There are no corrections to the minutes; therefore, the minutes of April 4, 2012, and April 28, 2012, stand approved.
3. Public Hearing (7:16 p.m.). Comments were accepted concerning a subdivision application (lot split) filed by Carla Ogden regarding property located at 390 West 500 South. There were no public comments. The public hearing closed at 7:17 p.m.
4. Subdivision Application Filed by Carla Ogden. A subdivision application filed by Carla Ogden was reviewed. The property is located at 390 West 500 South. Ryan Savage represented the Petitioner. This is a large lot. The property is located in the R1-10 zone which requires 10,000 square feet per lot. The existing home will be on Lot 1 which has 2,977.25 square feet. Lot 2 will have 10,027.88 square feet. Sidewalk, curb, gutter, and asphalt are in place. Sewer and water are already stubbed out. The property meets all of the criteria.
Stan Chappell moved to recommend that approval be given to the preliminary subdivision (lot split) application filed by Carla Ogden regarding property located at 390 West 500 South. Pat Hansen seconded the motion. The motion carried.
5. Other Business. There was discussion that the regularly scheduled Planning Commission would be July 4, 2012. The meeting will be changed to Wednesday, June 27, 2012.
Paul Hinrichs advises the City has received a request to allow more apartments in the building located south of State Bank of Southern Utah. Apartments are not allowed in the Downtown zone so the existing apartments are a non-conforming use. This would be an expansion of a non-conforming use. The apartments would be on the ground level and take some of the space that could be available for retail. Mr. Hinrichs said the building would also have to be fire sprinklered. It is anticipated this item will be on next month’s agenda.
6. Adjournment. The meeting adjourned at 7:35 p.m.
PASSED AND APPROVED the 27th day of June, 2012.
/s/ Michelle Curtis
Deputy City Recorder