COUNTY OF SEVIER
CITY OF RICHFIELD
At the Planning Commission
In and For Said City
April 18, 2012
1 . Roll Call.
2. Public Hearing:
A. Application filed by Harold Jolley and Kent Jolley requesting zone change.
3. Consider recommending approval of rezone of Harold Jolley and Kent Jolley Property.
4. Other Business.
1. Roll Call. Roll call was answered by Blake Zobell, Eugene Beck, Pat Hansen, Brion Terry, Steve Kunzler, and Monte Turner. EXCUSED: Stan Chappell.
City Staff Present: Building Administrator Paul Hinrichs and Deputy City Recorder Michelle Curtis.
Also Present: Harold Jolley and Michele Jolley.
2. Public Hearing. The public hearing opened at 12:12 p.m. Comments were received concerning an application filed by Harold Jolley and Kent Jolley requesting a zone change for the property located at 459 East 100 South, zone to be changed from the MD zone (Manufacturing Distributing) to the RM-11 zone (Multiple Residential). There were no public comments. The public hearing closed at 12:13 p.m.
4. Jolley ezone. Mr. Jolley said this home is located at 459 East 100 South and is in the MD zone. They have a buyer for the home, but because it is located in the Manufacturing zone, the bank will only finance it at the commercial rate which is a higher rate of interest than for a home. The two houses to the west of this house are in the RM-11 zone. Therefore, they are requesting a zone change to the RM-11 zone.
Paul Hinrichs said it is believed that this part of the City was zoned Manufacturing because the railroad used to go through that area.
Monte Turner motioned to recommend that the City Council approve the application for the rezone of property located at 459 East 100 South, said zone to be changed from the MD zone (Manufacturing Distributing) to the RM-11 zone (Multiple Residential). Pat Hansen seconded the motion. The motion carried unanimously.
5. Other Business. There was no other business.
6. Adjournment. The meeting adjourned at 12: 16 p.m.
PASSED AND APPROVED on the 6th day of June, 2012.
/s/ Michelle Curtis
Deputy City Recorder